Monday, January 31, 2011

homework 1/31

1. Stuck in the snow

15 years ago, it was New Year's Day after of Korea.
I was coming home with my family from my uncle's home by car. It had been snowing for 1 day, everywhere was filled with snow. Finally, we were stuck in the snow on the express highway. It seemed that the snowing never stop.
We had been standing on the express highway for 35 hours. While we were standing on the highway, I and my younger brother could make 2 snowmen of great height. And we even slept in the car on the road. at that time, the highway was not a highway but a huge parking place. Everyone on the highway slept in the car.
It had been going on snowing so the heavy snow caused temporary closure of all schools. When we arrived at home, we had been utterly exhausted. That's the only one of my terrible memory of snowing.


2. Starving

Can you imagine? I feel hungry all the time.
I don't know since when I've felt hungry all the time. I just can guess.
I think my starving has been started since I arrived in Dublin. When I was in Korea, rice is the principal food of me. Ok, exactly, the principal food of the Koreans is rice. At that time, I didn't feel hungry much. Only skip meal could cause starving of me. Because (I don't know exactly) rice has an ability to keep the feeling of fullness. But cireal, potato, hamburger, pizza.... and so on are different. they makes me full quickly and feel hungry quickly too. It's a kind of disaster to me. I've never felt these kind of hungriness. I had liked to eat the kind of foods in Korea, but it was just one time for a day. I can't stand starving. So I often tell my friends "I'm starving!!"


3. My First Cat

Actually, my parents(especially dad) like dogs very much. So before I was born, they already had dogs. It wasn't 'a' dog, it was 'dogs'. Since I was born, I have had a lot of dogs already. They were very clever and friendly pets. I loved them but I wanted to have a kitty. So I asked my parents very carefuly, but they had not permitted. I had known why they answerd no but I really want to get. As you know, the bad relationship of the dogs and the cats was common sense.
One day morning, when I had been woken, I heard sounds of cats out of my door. There are 5 cats. They were very cute kitties. As soon as I had shown them, I shouted to call my parents. So then my dad had come to me and he said that a cat which is their mom would come here soon to bring her kitties. He said she temporarily put them on here to look for food. Anyway as kitties had been being in here, I was very happy. So I gave them some foods and blanket. But after about 3 hours, they had been gone. I was so depressed but now I'm ok. Now I know that the position of us(I and the Cats) is different.


4. My dad told me once that when he helped an woman.
She was a neighbor who was a mute lived nearby my home. She was very poor because she hadn't ability to get a job. Actually my family was not wealthy neither, my dad was used to help other people. And I hadn't known about that before he told me.

No comments:

Post a Comment