Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Create a story / homework 3 - edited

I’m Alive!!!

That day, my life changed forever. The morning was the same as yesterday. I made coffee and read a newspaper at my office with the sun shining through the windows. When I was just sitting on my chair and twiddling my thumbs, out of the blue, I started feeling stomachache. It was such a ghastly pain that I tumbled off the chair and shouted. Fortunately, John who is my co-worker in the next room dashed in toward me and called an ambulance.
I didn’t know how much time had passed, but I realized that I was on a bed in hospital when I came around. And I heard someone said the date which I would die. I was shocked but I didn’t move because they seemed not to want to talk with me about it.
I started to think about everyone I know and everything I regretted as soon as I heard it. I couldn’t sand the flow tears, so I woke up.
But when I opened my eyes and looked around, I found people crying. They were standing around and old woman in the bed next to me. As luck would have it, the person who would die on the date was not me but her who was as old as 102 years old!
And the reason of my pain was coffee which I drank in the morning. It had gone off 2 years its expiration date. I felt as if I had been reborn. Since that day, I’ve tried to be friendly and thoughtful to everyone I know. And everything which is around me became valuable. I can say I was reborn. It’s true.

No comments:

Post a Comment